Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bad Weekend with a Strong Message

You may have noticed that I put on a new picture in my account. This is a horrible picture of me with my favorite horse at Kirkwood, Kheonna. She was one of Sylvia's horses that she donated to Kirkwood and I love her to death!

Now, I have had one of the worst weekends I have personally had in a long time. My roommate had her boyfriend over again, but this time they didn't spend time in her room, they spent time in our living room. Friday night I came home at 2 AM,(ok, it was Saturday morning) and they were sitting on her futon talking, no big deal. They put the futon down and slept. Saturday night I came home from work at 11:40ish and they were doing it on the futon!! That is definitely not a sight I wanted to see when I walk into my apartment after work. When I get home from work, I want to relax, watch TV, surf the net for a while, and then go to sleep. Not this time. I walk in to see her guy's bare bottom fully exposed and she got even friskier when she saw it was me. Earlier this week, my microwave broke and it has been taken in to get fixed, but she doesn't want to chip in or take any responsibility for it even though she was the last to use it in the few days before it broke. NO, she is blaming me and making me pay for it all. The main reason this is bugging me is because I found out all this information on her Facebook status conversations with her friends.

What is the message you may ask? It is a message of appreciation, relief, and what I could have been like. This popped into my head a couple hours after I got home last night when I was finally able to wind down and go to bed. I realized that I am not her. You may think "well DUH!!!" But it made me appreciate the fact that the way I was raised, the people around me, and where I grew up makes me the respectful, responsible, hard-working person that I am today. I grew up on a hog farm in Britt, Iowa. My brothers are both autistic amongst other things. My mother is an epileptic, who just got her driver's license back. :) My family is really close knit with my other relatives. I was raised with a religious background as a Catholic and through my religion I have learned to give selflessly and volunteer, even when I don't really feel up to it. All of these factors has given me my good morals that I have today, makes me really view the way people act around others, and reflects on the way I approach people. I don't sleep around, go out partying, do drugs, smoke, or drink alot. I don't give people false hope, I'm honest and give honest advice. I try to give people advice that I live by. I am just so glad I am who I am.

I really want to say thank you to my mom and dad for raising me the way they did and for being great examples. They did a great job. To my brothers for being who they are. To my relatives for being good examples of what to be and what not to be. To God for providing me with such people and helping me to make good decisions. To my past roommates for being the greatest people to live with. And lastly and strangely to my current roommate now for showing me what I am not and what I could have been! Betcha didn't see that one coming, but I am SO glad that I am not you!!

In other news: Sylvia ended up getting a bacterial infection in her lungs and couldn't come to the show, but the weekend was a great success anyway, even though it wasn't the best way to give me the message. Hahaha.

Well, I had better get to bed so I can go to my apartment complex's office to see about changing roommates or moving to a single. I'll keep you guys posted!!

No comments: