Saturday, April 23, 2011

Back to the Roots

After the evening feed, I headed back to Britt. I stopped at Casey's along the way to get gas and get some supper, which was a slice of cheese pizza...exciting, I know. I made my first stop at Grandma's to see how she and Grandpa were doing since I don't get to see them that often and probably won't have many more chances. Then I went back to my parents'. Not much changed since I was there last. The upstairs has been repainted and looks very nice and modernized.

I helped Dad make taco dip and cuddled with my old dog, Riley, who is the smaller black dog in my profile picture. Man, he is getting old, too! He was curled up in the garage and shivering. I wish I could take him to Cedar Falls with me. I miss having a dog around all the time. Paige's dog is nice, but he lives upstairs. Oh, well. I always have my plant.

Tomorrow is Easter. I actually brought home a couple dresses to wear to church in the morning. Shocker!! I plan to sing in the choir instead of sitting in the congregation, since I do that all the time in Gilbertville. I haven't practiced the Easter mass with the choir, but I mainly go off the sopranos and tenors to find the alto notes anyway, so I shouldn't have a problem. I can't wait to see the rest of my family tomorrow. Easter dinner will be at my parents' place, so I will get to see everyone and go back to Cedar Falls from there. Hopefully we can get in a card game or two.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter tomorrow!!

No comments: