Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

Today is Palm Sunday. The stretch run; the start of Holy Week and, so far, it is off to a good start. The weather was a lot better, Father Huber told me that it was a great day to go for a horse ride after Mass, and I agreed. I put in another great ride on Madusa after Paige finished her lessons for the day. It is always nice having an empty arena to work in and a quiet atmosphere with the radio for background noise. Yesterday I went to get a few needed items and decided to splurge on a new 500-piece puzzle. It is a picture of a white horse galloping near the ocean shore and it's titled "Ocean Winds." I started on it tonight while listening to Boyce Avenue on YouTube. It was a great way to end the day.

It was relatively stress-free. Jan was pretty quiet, it was a nice change. I finally snapped at her yesterday after chores. She was trying to calm the horses down as she was sweeping the cobwebs off the stall bars, and I could hear her on the other side of the arena! I finally just told her to just keep going and stop talking to the horses so they could figure it out for themselves. It felt good to yell since I had been wanting to do it all week. Poor Jan. I did apologize this morning and I kept a somewhat straight face, since it wasn't really sincere because I meant what I said. She accepted it and Paige had her do stuff away from me since she understands my pain now as well. She decided to work alongside Jan for a few days the past few weeks and she admitted that Jan is really annoying. At least Jan only has a couple more weeks left of her internship.

No comments: