Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mixed Feelings

This weekend, I found out that one of my fellow high school graduates is engaged. My congratulations go to him and his beautiful fiance. While I am very happy for him and wish them the best, I am a little sad; he was my on-again, off-again crush throughout jr. high and high school. Oh well, I'll find someone who is just as good, maybe even better, than him.

We were supposed to get rain today, but haven't gotten any, even though we need it pretty badly. It was a very warm day out today. The high was 78!! Whew! That is some crazy Iowa weather for you!

In the homily today, Fr. Huber spoke about one of the veiled messages in the Gospel and that was fear. The blind man, who was given sight by Jesus, kept telling the people how it was that he could see, and they wouldn't believe him. So, they brought his parents into the middle and asked them how their son, whom was blind since birth, could now see. They said to ask their son, since he was a grown man and could speak for himself. But they said it in fear of being cast away from the synagogue, their social networks, and their home. Father went on to share that he had wondered how different their lives would have been if they had told the Pharisee's the miracle that Jesus performed on their son. We shouldn't be afraid to proclaim our faith in God. What if we do get ostracized? Things usually have a way of getting worse before they get better, right? If we can stick through the hard, rotten times in our lives, and have faith that He will help guide us along the bumpy road to salvation, then we can get through anything with His help. I constantly find myself in that predicament. I find that I can't say things and then get yelled at or beaten down for it if it sounds wrong. I can't just tell people my theories, I have to SHOW them to get my point across. Switching Madusa's bit is just one example, even though I told Paige too soon about the change, Madusa has been back to her old self and is happier being ridden. I can't pat myself on the back and tell my success' all the time, the things I say I have done in the past can't be proven unless someone asks around. I'll leave you with that tonight. Later, readers!

No comments: