Sunday, April 10, 2011

Creative Christian Living

This morning, I went to church as usual. Before mass started, we were entertained by a small, young altar server who was not having much luck lighting the wick on one of the candles that was at least twice his size. The light he was using kept going out. A musician tried helping him, and when she thought he was going to get it lit, it snuffed out again. Finally, Father Huber came out and eventually, they got the darned candle lit.

After mass, Father said he would see me at the Creative Christian Living seminar tonignt, tomorrow, and Tuesday. I made it this time! I did not fall asleep again!! It was long, but interesting. Sister Therese had some good points and said that we shouldn't hold onto the bad that has already happened, to look back on our relationships and see how any bad ones can be fixed, to change what we can and accept what we can't, and to open our hearts to receive not only God's love, but others' love as well.

Relationships. I do look at my relationships with the people I see every day, and even if they don't like me a whole lot, they do show me respect and that is a good start. I try to greet everyone with a smile and ask them how their day is going. Moving on to my family, I do have a great relationship with my parents. I know that I can go to them for advice and support if and when I need it. They have their quirks, but who doesn't? My youngest brother, Reed, and I have a pretty good relationship. It may have had it's rocky periods, but we are pretty good now. Micah, well, he's the poor middle child. He and I, I think, are polar opposites. I know that he wants to fix our relationship as brother and sister, but I think he tries too hard at times. When Mom and Dad are away, we are good. Everything is calm, we can talk like normal people, have some good conversations, and he is okay. However, when the 'rents are around, things change. He acts like a little kid, which in turn, compels me to act like a bratty little girl, and I don't like that. In a nutshell, I don't know if we'll have the relationship that Micah wants to have between us. I'm going off bad experiences when it comes to being around him with the parents and being the blame for everything he does to make a scene when most of the time, I don't do anything unless it's to make him stop acting like he is in elementary school.

Anyway, I didn't see Father Huber tonight. Hmm, maybe he was there in spirit, or he sent one of his clowns to see if I made it or not. We shall see! G'night, readers.

No comments: