Monday, April 11, 2011

CCL- Night 2

I went to Night 2 of the Creative Christian Living seminar. Tonight, Sister Therese gave tips on how to pray 1)verbally, 2)mentally, and 3)emotionally. Verbally, is actually saying a prayer that we either may have learned in school, such as the Lord's Prayer, or just saying a prayer out loud. Mental prayer is the silent prayers that we pray when we want to feel close to God or need to pray for guidance in a tough situation. Emotional prayer is the prayer that comes from the heart. We can pray to praise God, give thanks to God, ask for guidance in our daily lives, and to bless those around us in our daily lives.

Before she starts her talk, Sister Therese asks us to pray with her. She tells us to rest our hands in our lap, close our eyes, and take a few deep breaths. She had us do it again at the end for even longer. I have to say, after working all day, I had to fight to stay awake during those moments.

Tomorrow, Mom and our friend and her fellow musician, Brenda, are coming to Cedar Falls to attend a music clinic to learn new mass music. They might come to visit afterward, and I have the day off. I hope they have a safe and successful trip! I know that Father Huber is going to bug my mom while she is there. He knows that sometimes she can be forgetful of what she can and can't do...so I will help him in reminding her that you can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd!!! Love ya, Mom!!

No comments: