Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Storms

We are expecting our first batch of storms tonight and tomorrow. I am actually excited! I can't wait to watch the storm clouds come in. They always amaze me with their powerful looks and torrential downpours. So bring on the rain! Haha.

A vet came out to check to see if a young horse is ready to be castrated. The bad news is that he didn't have both testicles dropped yet, so the owner is going to have to show a yearling stallion for the first couple shows. The good news is that he is already easy-going and easy to handle. He is still a baby and is a little nippy and testy, but that should grow out of him as he learns. He is already like a different horse since he has been here.

Madusa went great. I asked her to use her back and collect even more, and she did amazing considering she is coming into heat. We even broke a sweat! It was really warm out today, I just love T-shirt weather. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be in the upper 70's.

One of the forums that I am on has had a discussion on religion going on the past day and a half (dangerous territory!), and some of the things that have been said I would love to show my dad and see what he has to say! The things that come out of some people's mouths can be quite odd. A couple of them are also Catholic, but I have to wonder just how they are really set. It seems to me that they built a lot of their houses on sand instead of stone. It's a good thing they are still young.

That is about everything I have for today. Happy storm-watching, readers!

No comments: