Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Today, as the title implies, is Ash Wednesday. A day which marks the beginning of the Lenten season where we remember the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert and reflect on how much we need God in our lives. At the end of the Lent is of course Easter. I am planning on going to church at 7:00 tonight in Raymond. I am hoping the roads won't be slick as it is snowing out right now and we will probably get more of it as the day goes on.

Every year during Lent, we are asked to give something up or commit to doing something every day. This year I am going to do both. I am going to NOT bite my nails in hopes of kicking the habit for good and I am going to post on this blog every day. So those of you who follow my blog will have something to look forward. Haha. I have noticed that some of my blog posts have been negative and I mainly use it as a way to vent and I hope to change that as the days go by.

I am now a full-time assistant barn manager at LaBella Farm. I am now on a weekly salary and have been keeping track of how much time I spend in the barn. So far, I have spent over 40 hours in the barn each week a couple of weeks have pushed the 50 hour mark. I do take Sunday morning off to go to church and have some time off the farm. Monday I usually make light since I don't have to do stalls and I use that time to clean the apartment. Traci has come and gone so I have the apartment to myself again for the time being. It was kind of nice having someone to talk to and a dog to spoil and play with, but I will get another roommate eventually since we are looking for someone to do stalls in exchange for the rent.

That about sums up what has been going on since the last post. I will post again tomorrow, so ttyl!

No comments: