Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Shots

I had to go to the barn early because today the vet came out to do spring shots. All of the horses were good, except for one who wanted to push me out the door to get away from the vet. I just held my ground, said a firm "whoa," and we got the job done as quickly as possible. While the vet was out here, we had him do some Coggins tests, teeth, and sheaths. Fun stuff!

Otherwise the day was pretty normal. All the horses got outside despite the rain and vet delay. Jan was here, but we kept her busy enough in different parts of the barn so I didn't have to put up with her talking all that much. We had a couple people looking in at the barn. Paige wasn't here, so I introduced myself, told them what we provide, how many stalls are available right now, and they went on their way. As they were walking out, they asked about the pricing and Jan told them a number that was $50 less than what we board. I really had to hold back the urge to yell at her. Needless to say, Paige gave her a good talking to.

Tomorrow I need to go to the bank and get some groceries. Until then readers...that is all I have for now. Ttfn!

No comments: