Monday, March 28, 2011

Poor Thing!

This morning I went out at the usual turnout time. Paige was late, so I started without her. As I was going out with one of the horses, I saw Paige approaching. She looked a little tired and, when she got within hearing distance, told me that she woke up covered in hives, except for her neck and face, and said she was probably having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that she is taking. She took a very late trip to WalMart to get some Benadryl and only got a couple hours worth of sleep. After turnout, she went in to get some more sleep, while I got some work done around the barn. By the time turnout had come around, the hives had spread. She is now on some new meds that will get the hives under control and is not going to take the antibiotic anymore. I am going to do morning chores for her tomorrow. I'm thinking I may have to do the morning turnout alone, but that shouldn't be a problem since the horses are pretty eager to go out in the morning. Later, readers!

No comments: