Sunday, March 27, 2011

Not What I Had In Mind

I like to plan things out. It's fun for me, and it helps keep me organized. Today, I had planned to go to church at ten, come back to the farm to clean stalls and all of the other barn duties that I normally do every day, then change and go to the 7:00 speech made by Fr. Colter at Immaculate Conception followed by the Benediction. Only half of those plans happened. I went to church this morning, which was great as always even though I was absent-minded through half of it since I tend to check out a little on Sundays so I can relax a little more. I also did the usual barn duties that I normally do after stalls. However, I didn't do stalls today. Paige sent me a text before I went to the barn telling me that all the stalls were done. When I asked what the occasion was, she told me that since I don't get a full day off, she would give me another day off from stalls. That was a nice surprise, but it felt odd not doing stalls. So to pass the time after I got the horses switched, barn aisle swept, and the prep work for chores done, I helped her out with the jumping lesson she had this afternoon. My parents also came to see me after visiting my brother in Dubuque today. That was another nice surprise since I didn't think they would be coming to see me as well. That just leaves the evening plans. Well, unfortunately, that didn't happen either. After Mom and Dad left, I ate supper and put the leftovers away, got ready to go to church, and decided to relax for a while before I had to go since it was a few minutes after 6. I told myself I would close my eyes for a minute....and woke up at 6:58! Although I had a refreshed feeling, there was no way I was going to make it without missing the beginning of Fr. Colter's speech, so I jsut didn't go. I am still kind of disappointed with myself, since I don't get off the farm that often and was looking forward to going to this thing for a few days. I think I am going to turn in a bit early tonight. The refreshed feeling after that nap has come and gone and now I am tired all over again. So until tomorrow readers...

No comments: