Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day of Birth

So, today was my first day of working on my birthday EVER! It didn't go too bad either. I got my half of the stalls done early and was able to ride Madusa and Barney. Madusa went ok. She was a bit distracted by the open arena doors, the stuff in the arena that is still here from the Pony Club clinic two weeks ago, and the different bit in her mouth. I went easy on her considering those conditions, but the next time I will expect more from her. Barney went great! He's a pretty nice horse to ride. Chores went pretty fast, since I was able to get some of the prep work done after riding Madusa. It felt nice to have a non-eventful day at the farm on my birthday.

I got a call from my dad as I was finishing chores. He said that something happened this morning and he thought he would call and tell me. At first I thought Mom had a seizure, but then he said it was funny so that thought escaped my mind. He said that this morning, he and Mom were talking about our day yesterday and he asked her what ELSE had happened in Cedar Falls yesterday. Mom then asked if he had talked to me already and he said yes. (Keep in mind I had actually forgotten this one event that just pissed off my mother but had no effect on me whatsoever.) She then got mad and said that I should have waited for HER to tell him about the parking ticket. He then asked what parking ticket she was talking about and she then realized that I hadn't said anything about it! In fact, I had forgotten about it and didn't even bring it up at supper with Fr. Huber!! I must be slipping already...how sad. Dad told me that I should have seen Mom's reaction because he got quite a kick out of it. He said that her face was just priceless because she had just admitted that her perfect record was now tarnished by a measly ten dollar parking ticket. Poor Mom!!!

That was my day...how was yours? Until tomorrow, adieu.

No comments: